Can I earn a profit with this business?
This is the first question we ask ourselves when we are considering starting a new business. How to answer that question can be confusing for those who have not had experience dealing with the business side of business. This course will help you answer that question, and provide you with powerful tools to manage your business from the ground up.
In this 2 week/2 hour workshop you will:
- Learn the terminology and concepts of basic cost accounting
- Apply the concepts to research your costs and determine the pricing and profitability of your product
- Assess your goals and your results and answer the big question: Can I make a profit with this business?
- Gain insight through collaboration with other farm entrepreneurs
- As an added bonus, you will come away with a set of ready made Excel spreadsheets that you can use over and over to analyze different ventures and products. The spreadsheets included have been set up for Chickens, Perennial Plants and Market Gardening, but with some Excel skills you can customize them to suit your particular operation.